––16 inputs and output resolutions up to 2160p60 with no compromises––
NewTek today announced TriCasterâ TC1, the culmination of more than a decade of IP video experience for live production, with uncompromising support for 4K UHD switching, live streaming, recording, data-driven graphics, virtual sets, social media publishing and more. Continuing innovation around the iconic product that has defined an industry, TriCaster TC1 supports 16 external inputs of up to 4K UHD 60p resolution without sacrificing functionality. Powered by NewTek’s NDI™ technology for IP-based workflows, TriCaster TC1 also offers multiple studio-grade Skype TX channels for adding remote video guests to live shows.
NewTek’s TriCaster TC1 and IP Series systems, now also 4K-capable, will be on display at NAB 2017 Booth #SL5016 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, April 24-27, 2017.
IP Makes 4K A Reality Today
NewTek’s software-driven, IP-native approach to 4K eliminates the need for conversion to and from baseband video, allowing all integrated features including video playback, mix/effect busses, keying layers, and streaming to be 4K-capable without limiting the number of available resources. TriCaster TC1 has 16 inputs available, regardless of video resolution, and NewTek’s top of the line IP Series now offers 44 external inputs in 4K UHD without sacrificing functionality.
“Working with IP video makes you feel like you are living in the future, today,” said Dr. Andrew Cross, NewTek’s president and CTO. “Once you have it, you can’t imagine going back. It enables so many new ways of working and greatly simplifies infrastructure. It also makes things like live streaming even easier. I can’t imagine anyone buying a product today that isn’t capable of delivering content to all of the places the viewers want to watch.”
Live Streaming and Publishing of Recorded Content
With the explosion of online and mobile video, broadcasters and content producers need a way to stream live and encode/publish video to social media quickly and easily. Whether you need to go live for breaking news or post recorded video clips that viewers can see on demand, TriCaster TC1 handles it all. Users can stream directly to Facebook Live, YouTube Live, Microsoft Azure, Periscope, Twitch, and other streaming sites, or deliver video clips directly to social media sites right from the TriCaster TC1 interface.
The Most Complete Solution
It’s not just the ability to deliver content that makes TriCaster TC1 so special. It is truly a production powerhouse with an unbelievably rich feature set that typically requires 4 or 5 other devices to accomplish in traditional baseband video workflows. With built-in video servers, macro automation, advanced chroma-keying, ISO-recording, replay, and more, TriCaster TC1 ideally suits broadcasters, sports, esports, educational organizations, corporate entities, houses of worship, event producers and digital video teams looking to get the most production power with high-quality content delivery in a single system.
Integrated Skype TX
A new feature with TriCaster TC1 and IP Series is integrated multi-channel Skype TX integration. NewTek is the only company to offer this functionality in a live production system in the world. Any one of the TriCaster TC1’s 16 external inputs can be designated for live, broadcast-quality Skype video calling, giving producers the capability to reach any one of the 300 million monthly active users of Skype and deliver a pristine HD video call with balanced audio. With studio-ready call control from an external laptop or workstation running the Skype TX controller application, calls can be configured and monitored without impacting the TriCaster TC1 operator’s workflow. Other active call channels from NewTek TalkShow® systems can be managed from the controller for additional call capacity and streamlined management.
A World of Connectivity
Like its predecessors, TriCaster TC1 is an integrated solution, however, TC1 is also very capable of connecting to the bigger IP universe. With native integration of NewTek’s NDI™ technology, TriCaster TC1 connects to the most prolific IP-based ecosystem in the industry, networking seamlessly with compatible products from hundreds of manufacturers and developers. This means that many connections to both NewTek and third-party products from TriCaster TC1 will be direct via IP without any baseband video connections.
NewTek Connect Line
In addition to TriCaster TC1’s onboard SDI I/O, customers have the option to configure the number of physical SDI connections based on need with the NewTek Connect line of connectivity and productivity products. With versatile functionality ranging from SDI to IP video conversion and I/O channel expansion, to 4K UHD connectivity and IP interoperability, along with video recording, monitoring, and scopes, NewTek Connect solutions seamlessly integrate with TriCaster TC1 and IP Series to deliver the workflow required. Customers can add NC1 IN modules each with 4 SDI inputs, and/or NC1 I/O modules that provide 8 SDI inputs or outputs. The NC1 I/O module can also be configured for quadlink 3G-SDI delivering 2 channels of 4K UHD video.
Optional Redundant Power & Control Panels
Customers have the option of a 2RU unit or a 3RU unit with redundant power and a choice of two control panels providing complete command of the advanced capabilities and functionality of TriCaster TC1.
TriCaster TC1 Key Features
- Switching, streaming, and recording in 4K UHD, with support for video formats up to 2160p60, along with 3G, HD, and SD resolutions
- 16 external inputs with any combination of SDI, NDI, IP, or Skype TX
- 4 Mix/Effects busses supporting separate mixes, keying layers, virtual sets, compositing, and more
- Multi-channel ISO recording to full-resolution QuickTime® and H.264 files for VOD, post-production, and archive
- Dual-channel live streaming to Facebook Live, Microsoft® Azure®, Twitch, Twitter, YouTube™ Live, and more
- Real-time export for social media sharing to Facebook, Imgur, LinkedIn, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube, and more
- Integrated video servers allowing playback, replay, and live editing without additional hardware
- Powerful production automation with custom macro commands, sophisticated full-motion compositing, and flexible control options
- Advanced audio mixing with multi-source configuration and control, professional DSPs, and 4x4x4 channel routing
- Premier creative capabilities, including multi-bus mix effects, animated titles and transitions, advanced chroma keying, spectacular live virtual sets, and more
- Over one hundred operator centric features to maximize efficiency in video production including, PTZ camera control, 4x4x4 audio matrix router and mixer, DANTE and AES 67, animated buffers, and more.
TriCaster TC1 in a 2RU chassis is priced at $14,995 USMSRP. TriCaster TC1R provides optional redundant power in a 3RU chassis and is priced at $19,995 USMSRP. TC1LP and TC1SP Control Panels are priced at $11,995 and $6,995 USMSRP respectively. The NewTek Connect NC1 IN and the NC1 I/O modules are priced at $5,995 and $9,995 USMSRP respectively.
International pricing may vary. Product bundles are also available. Contact your NewTek representative for details.
NewTek is transforming the way people create network-style television content and share it with the world. From sporting events, Web-based talk shows, live entertainment, classrooms, and corporate communications, to virtually any place people want to capture and publish live video, we give our customers the power to grow their audiences, brands and businesses faster than ever before.
Clients include: New York Giants, NBA Development League, Fox News, BBC, NHL, Nickelodeon, CBS Radio, ESPN Radio, Fox Sports, MTV, TWiT.TV, USA TODAY, Department of Homeland Security (DHS), the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA), and more than 80% of the U.S. Fortune 100.
- TriCaster, TalkShow, 3Play, and LightWave 3D are registered trademarks of NewTek, Inc.
- NDI, MediaDS, Media Distribution System, LightWave, ProTek, and Broadcast Minds are trademarks and/or service marks of NewTek, Inc.
- All other products or brand names mentioned are trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective holders.