Best practice for business critical applications is to ensure that they are highly available; generally this means higher cost but, thankfully, not always!
AWS has partnered with Zadara and Zen to support customers running business critical Microsoft workloads such as Microsoft SQL Server.
Using AWS EC2 Instances deployed into different Availability Zones and Zadara’s Enterprise Storage as a Service capabilities you can provision a highly available SQL Server Database infrastructure using Microsoft SQL Server Standard Edition Licenses. SQL Server Enterprise is up to 383% (i.e. nearly 4 times) of the cost vs deploying standard Edition.
If any of the points below are of interest to you then please join us at our upcoming event (details to follow) where AWS, Zadara and Zen will demonstrate how you can provide a multiple data centre protection strategy for your critical SQL applications.
· Save on Licensing Costs using SQL Standard Edition vs Enterprise Edition
· Provide High Availability and automated data protection
· Lift and shift workloads into AWS without code changes
· Utilise Software Assurance Licenses for Cloud mobility
· Deploy on-demand SQL Licensing and pay for only the hours in use
· Utilise two AZ’s for production and a third for test/dev
· Considering AWS VMC VMware utilising workloads with AWS VPC’s
· Hybrid Cloud Requirements
· Simplified Migration needs
Alternatively if you have more immediate requirements or can’t make the event then we would be happy to arrange a discussion with a Solutions Architect to discuss your specific Microsoft SQL Server and any associated .NET projects.